Thursday, July 5, 2012

Anomalous Material Feature: 10 Best Films About America Made By Non-American Directors

Here we are once again true believers, with my latest weekly 10 best feature written for the fine folks over at Anomalous Material.  For those of you not in the know, those same said fine folks have given me a (possibly foolish on their behalf) regular gig as feature writer.  It is a series of top ten lists on all kinds of various cinematic subjects - and anyone who knows me at all can surely attest to how perfectly suited I am to such an endeavor (yes I am a  list nerd).  This week's feature, my twenty-eighth such feature, is a special Fourth of July edition...with a twist.  This time around we take a look at the ten best films about America.  The twist being that they are all made by directors born elsewhere.  These are films about the American experience made by directors for Germany, China, Italy, England, Taiwan and Denmark.  Happy Fourth.


1 comment:

Tom said...

In total agreement about the impact of unkown actors in the movie about flight 93. It had much more of an impact than the Oliver Stone movie.