Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Anomalous Material Weekly Feature: 10 Best High School Movies

After a short hiatus due to impending flood waters and other various natural (and unnatural) disasters, I now return with what is my twelfth weekly 10 best feature for the fine folks over at Anomalous Material.  For those of you not in the know, those same said fine folks have given me a (possibly foolish on their behalf) regular weekly gig as feature writer.  It is a series of top ten lists on various cinematic subjects (and anyone who knows me can attest to how perfectly suited I am to such an endeavor - yes I am a list nerd).  This week's feature, in keeping with the time of the season, is on the popular high school movie.  There have been a slew of these over the decades but I was still able to narrow it down to just ten (well, with a pair of 'Special Mentions' to take it to twelve).  Anyone who knows me should be able to figure out what my number one is, but even those people should still check out the list over at Anomalous Material.

Read my feature article, "10 Best High School Movies" at Anomalous Material.

Below is Philip F. "Duckie" Dale, aka Jon Cryer, wondering why the fuck Pretty in Pink was not included on the list.   I suppose this is a good enough question, but sometimes one just needs to make cuts - and poor Duckie (who will always remain the Duck Man) just happened to be one of those unlucky sonofabitches to find himself on that dreaded cutting room floor.  C'est la vie.


3 comments:

Natalie said...

You know what? I look forward to these lists...a lot. Especially when they're on good subjects, and as a high-schooler, I must say, this subject appeals to me. Even if I'm not interested in watching the movies (I don't watch past 1950 in most cases) I still like to read about them. Thanks for the new list - looking forward to next week's. :)

Kevyn Knox said...

Thanx. Glad you like the lists. Speaking of classic films (and you sort of were) I plan on doing a few classic-themed lists such as femme fatales, silent films, movie private detectives (a lot of noir in that one) and some others.

Natalie said...

Oh, really?! Yay!! Definitely looking forward to those!!