Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Cinematheque Reviews: Cowboys & Aliens

The lovely little missus and I were on holiday this past week, so I was unable to see and review some of the films released during this time.  This is the second of several "catch-up" reviews that I will be sneaking, at whim, into my schedule.

Cowboys & Aliens made my "Most Anticipated Films of 2011" list (it came in at no.15) and even though it doesn't live up to such anticipation, it is a fun genre mash-up nonetheless.  Let's face it, how can a film that is basically Indiana Jones and James Bond kicking alien ass in the old west not be great?  Seriously, how can it not?  Okay, perhaps it isn't great after all, but it is still a fun piece of pop summer entertainment that will satisfy all those fanboys out there -- including the one hiding inside of me.  My review of this intriguing genre hybrid (a review where I let that inner fanboy out for a little bit) is now up and running over at The Cinematheque.  Read on true believers.



No comments: