Friday, June 17, 2011

Anomalous Material Weekly Feature: 10 Best Movie Presidents

I have recently taken up weekly residence over at the great film site Anomalous Material.  The fine folks over there have given me a regular weekly gig as feature writer.  It will be a series of top ten lists on various cinematic subjects (and anyone who knows me can attest to how perfectly suited I am to such an endeavor - yes I am a list nerd).  This week's feature piece (my third) is a special patriotic list - you know, for Flag Day.  Anyway, it is a list of the best movie presidents - but just the fake ones.  No Lincolns, Jeffersons or Rutherford B. Hayes' here.  But you will get some ass-kicking, alien-killing presidents among the bunch.  


Josh Brolin, in his wonderful turn as George W. Bush, did not make the grade.  I suppose one must discount him as a fake president since he did technically take the oath of office - even after losing that first election.  Still though.....

I am really having fun with my new Gig at AM,  Who would have thought making weekly top ten lists would give me such great pleasure (that was sarcasm for those who cannot recognize such things).  Next week I will be back with some really annoying guests - tune in.

No comments: